Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wilton Pops in a Post Blogger Contest

I love to bake. I love making special little treats for my family. With that being said I am also a very busy Mom. I wish I had more time to bake. When I found out that Wilton was having a Bloggers Pops in a Post Contest that I had to join. I was so pleasantly surprised when I received an email telling me that I was one of the first 40 entries and that my package would be arriving soon.
And let me tell you it arrived soon...I literally received it that afternoon!
When I opened the box I was so excited to receive all of this:
YES! All of that awesomeness in one box! I felt like I had just had Christmas! I immediately grabbed the Pops! Sweets on a Stick book and just sat amazed at all the cool stuff that they had made out of cake (made into cakeballs) and brownies (made into browniepops). I knew that I had a challenge set out ahead of me to come up with something original and creative. I had all intentions of doing this project around or before the New Year however as I stated here we had some sickies in our house. So after all of that cleared up I set out to work on my project.

Honestly I laid in bed thinking about what in the world I was going to create. My husband laughed at my "baby your a firework" idea so that was pitched. (I am certain that it would have been the winner though. Wilton hit me up I will be glad to share it with you.LOL)

I decided on "Just BEE-cause"...


The "grass" is made up of browniepops, the bee is a cakeball and the flowers are cookiepops. Oh these were so fun to make and yes they did require a little bit of work but it was totally worth it. I felt like the idea in my mind came out in the end product and I am now ready to move on to making more pops!

I started out with the browniepops as it seemed logical in my mind to start with the "grass". So I made the brownies according to the package and then used the handy dandy browniepops mold that was included in my package and baked for around 25 minutes, after letting them cool completely I popped them right out!

They are the cutest little things! And super easy to get out of the mold. After letting them chill for a few hours I melted some green candy melts and started inserting the sticks. After inserting the sticks I again chilled the pops before I began dipping them in the candy melts. I then let them set up and they were done!




While things were cooling or chilling I did continue working just with a different part of the project.

Next I made a vanilla party sprinkle cake according to the directions on the box. I cooked it and let it cool for about 5 minutes and then cut it in half and put half in a bowl and started crumbling it. I then added 1/2 a cup of buttercream frosting and mixed that all up with my hands just kneading it all together. I then put that mixture in the freezer and let it freeze for 30 minutes and then took it out and made it into small cakeballs. After the making the cakeballs I again froze the cakeballs however this time for about 2 hours. There is no need to worry freezing the cakeballs it helps keep the shape and makes them easier to work with. After the cakeballs were ready I melted the yellow candy melts and inserted the sticks and again let them freeze for about 30 minutes and then dipped them into the yellow candy melts and let them set up. After they were completely set up I then added the details of my bee. Using edible markers I added the stripes, face and butt. I then added the wings and antenna's using brown sprinkles and pink candy triangles. I seriously heart these lil bee's, as did Olivia she would not stop talking about them.
The flowercookies were made using a simple roll out cookie recipe and then put into the cookie pan. The sticks were added before putting the pan in the oven and they cooked that way. After the cookies were done and had cooled about 5 minutes I gently loosened them and they released when I picked them up. I then let them cool completely before decorating. I used the rest of the buttercream frosting to decorate the cookies.
And that is how my project was made. I really did have a blast making the POPS! All of them the cakepops, browniepops and cookiepops. I hope that you all will try it out yourselves the possibilities are endless!
Here are a few more pics of my "Just BEE-cause" project:

I want to thank Wilton's of the opportunity to participate in this contest and I wish everyone good luck.

I was sent some products that I used to participate in this event however I did purchase some of the products used on my own. I did not receive any other compensation and am entered into a contest to win a $500 Visa gift card or 1 or 9 $100 Visa gift cards. My opinions are my own yours may differ.


No comments:

Post a Comment