Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Traditions

I am curious what are your traditions for Thanksgiving? My family and I travel to spend Thanksgiving in Northern Illinois with my side of the family. We typically gather at my Mom's and enjoy a dinner with all the "fixin's"! We stuff ourselves and then get the table cleaned up and then all the ladies get the ad's out and make our lists. The kids will look through the ad's and let us know what they want.
The tradition seems to be changing a little bit as most of the "grandkids" are getting to their teens and beyond and the ad's just simply don't have what they are asking for. D and O are the youngest grandchildren so I still have the opportunity to have fun shopping for them. As I said here I love to shop on Black Friday!
So tell me what are your family traditions? What do you look forward to the most and how do you transition to the kids growing up?

10 comments:

  1. We are actually changing tradition this year and going to a restaurant and movie. Just eaiser. Thanks for the follow! I'm following now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me-I am now following you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do some shopping, but this year I will be working the Black Friday :( We always went to my grandmother's house, ate too much, and snacked till we blew up! Great times at our household!
    Thank you for following, and I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow! Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the follow,following you back & added your page to my faves on FBook.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Musings-By-Michele/103418919728781

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow, following you back.
    Added your page to my faves on FBook

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Musings-By-Michele/103418919728781

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I am following back! You have a great blog...can't wait to read more!

    Karen @http://barefootinportland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by our blog! We are now following you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the past 2 years we have stayed home and cooked our own Thanksgiving dinner. As a family of 9 I think our family got tired of feeding us all! lol. Ok not really, but it's been much more enjoyable for us to stay home and enjoy the day :)

    Thanks for following me at Mom of all Trades! I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you from Thursday's Blog Hop.
    Come follow me at www.lifewiththechambs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete